A number of people have asked me for ‘beginners guides’ to some of the common tricks mentioned on this site. As I write them, I’ll link them all together here:
- How much is a point worth, and why is it so hard to value them?
- What is ‘status‘ and how do you get it?
- How credit cards earn you airline miles and hotel points.
- What are the major global hotel alliances, and which are the best to join.
- The best hotels to stay at if you’re flying from Heathrow.
- What are the different options to fly from the UK to Australia, and how do they compare?
- How to use your Avios points to book a redemption flight.
- How to select the best value redemptions.
- How to save money by starting your journey from outside of the UK with an ex-EU.
- How to claim EU261 compensation in the event of cancellation, delay and downgrade.